Our program follows the Alberta Curriculum while incorporating enriching outdoor learning experiences. Students engage in hands-on, experiential activities that allows them to explore and learn about the natural world. Classroom instruction is enhanced by daily visits to natural areas, providing students with the opportunity to apply their learning in real world settings. Overall, this program provides a well-rounded education that allows students to develop a love of learning, a connection to the natural world, and the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in school and beyond.
1. Children who are well-prepared academically and socially at a young age perform better throughout their education. We focus on:
- Early literacy and numeracy skills
- Challenging and stimulating learning practices
- Learning through play
- Hands-on and project-based learning
- Collaboration and creativity
2. Children exposed to the outdoors are more likely to be happier, and have more energy, increased confidence, autonomy, and self-awareness. Daily outdoor learning provides:
- Overall wellness: mental and emotional health
- Social health and teamwork
- Physical health and movement skills
- Resilience and risk management skills
- Improved focus at school
Frequently Asked Questions
- We live in Alberta! What about Winter?
- We have full time access to beautifully appointed indoor kindergarten classrooms when the weather isn’t cooperating. We strive towards 2 hours of additional outside time, but that changes based on the conditions of the day (could be much more or less).
- My child doesn’t “Love” being outside, is this a good fit?
- YES! Our certified teachers strategically design learning activities for the children in the class. This is a great way to increase your child’s comfort and enjoyment of the outdoors. Also, it’s often nice for families to know their child had plenty of active outside time during the school day.
- Where will kids go when they are outside?
- Our students have access to our outdoor classrooms on-site which include: forest, field, garden, gazebos, playgrounds and a pond in walking distance.
|Programs||1. Full Days, Alternating Days||2. Full Days, Every Day|
|Class times||8:20am - 3:00pm||8:20am - 3:00pm|
Monday/Wednesday & Some Fridays
Tuesday/Thursday & Some Fridays
|5 Days a Week - excluding PD days
|Cost||No cost at this time.
Cost set by Sturgeon Public School Division.
$100 deposit due by June 1st, 2023
(applied towards September fees)