Joining a school council is one way members of the school community can get involved. Our council plays an important role in our school by providing advice and assistance to school principals and Trustees regarding educational issues. Involvement on these councils includes:
- Focusing on educational matters
- Providing input on topics such as program planning, school budgets, and school operations
- Serving as a liaison between parents, the school and community groups
- Locating resources such as speakers and volunteers
- Gathering information and sharing experiences
- Supporting the goals and objectives of the school
Please contact the school directly to learn more about how you can join our school council.
Parents are encouraged to volunteer to help the school, both in the classroom and elsewhere. Volunteers can make any different contributions to the educational process in school by assisting teachers with preparations for or supervision of student lessons or activities.
We are required by Worker’s Compensation to keep a log of all volunteer hours. Parents are asked to sign the log in the office before heading to the classroom in which they will be helping. Parents and community members have many areas of knowledge and skills, which can be shared with students.
If you are interested in helping in the school, please phone the office at 780-459-3990.