The Sturgeon Heights School Council is a group of caring caregivers/parents and school staff who work as a team dedicated to playing a supportive role in our children’s education. It is open to all caregivers who would like to see their children succeed in their learning as well as a chance to establish a constructive relationship with the teachers and principal.
The school council is involved in various activities throughout the school year, and supports the Sturgeon Heights School Fundraising Association with the snack shop and track meets. There is a information bulletin board in the hall across from the school office. It will have information such as important dates, upcoming events, school council and school board news, contact information. The meetings are once a month, informal, and all are invited to come. We’d love to see you there. Please watch in the school calendar and newsletters for dates and times.
Our Operating Procedures, Roles & Responsibilities, and Election Guidelines
The following is your School Council and Fundraising Association (SHSFA) Executive for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Chair – Stephanie Cordova (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice Chair – Cheryl Reiter (email@example.com)
- Secretary – Janice McCullough (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pre-K / K Representative – Mary Darling (Marydarling0@gmail.com)
- Primary Representative – Sarah Townsend (email@example.com)
- Elementary Representative – Lisa Rosales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Junior High Representative – Greg Hebb (email@example.com)
- Teacher Representatives – Amy Cornet and Rachelle Lyster
Sturgeon Heights School Fundraising Association (SHSFA)
- Chair - Crystal Belanger
- Vice Chair - Cheryl Reiter
- Secretary - Janice McCullough
- Treasurer - Stephanie Cordova
- Scheduler – Sara Townsend
- Snack Shop Shopper- Melissa Knezacek
- HOT lunch coordinator - Lisa Zureski
- Fundraising Coordinator - Alice Funk
- Website Coordinator - Alice Funk
Committee member contact information can be obtained through the school office. Please contact any of the designated representatives to raise any concerns or ideas that you would like to see brought forward to Council meetings.
Our meetings are held once a month and we usually try for the third Monday of each month. All caregivers are invited to attend, and there will be a teacher, administrator, and our school Trustee present. We do have a formal agenda, which is posted on our School Council board before each meeting. If you would like to discuss something as a school council, please contact our chair Stephanie Cordova firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings will be held in person and virtually by Microsoft Teams (linked in our school calendar); School Council begins at 5:30pm and SHSFA follows directly after School Council.
The dates for 2022 year are:
- January 17
- February 28
- March 21
- April 25
- May 16
- June 20