The Sturgeon Heights School Council is a group of caring parents and school staff who work as a team dedicated to playing a supportive role in our children’s education. It is open to all parents who would like to see their children succeed in their learning as well as a chance to establish a constructive relationship with the teachers and principal.
The school council is involved in various activities throughout the school year, and supports the Parent Fundraising Association with the snack shop and track meets. There is a parent information bulletin board in the hall across from the school office. It will have information such as important dates, upcoming events, school council and school board news, contact information. The meetings are once a month, informal, and all are invited to come. We’d love to see you there. Please watch in the school calendar and newsletters for dates and times.
Our Operating Procedures, Roles & Repsonsibilities, and Election Guidelines
The following is your Parent Council and Parent Fundraising Association (PFA) Executive for the 2020 - 2021 school year:
- Chair – Stephanie Cordova (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice Chair – Laura Brackett (Ljmbrackett@gmail.com)
- Secretary – Catherine McQuade
- Pre-K / K Representative – Cheryl Reiter
- Primary Representative – Sarah Townsend
- Elementary Representative – Melissa Knezacek (
- Junior High Representative – Greg Hebb (email@example.com)
- Teacher Representatives - Kasie Hoffman & Amy Cornet
Parent Fundraising Association (PFA)
- Chair- Crystal Belanger
- Vice Chair- Cheryl Reiter
- Secretary- Stephanie Cordova
- Treasurer- Tim VanBruggen
- Scheduler- Jill Samuel
- Snack Shop Shopper- Melissa Knezacek
- HOT lunch coordinator- Stephanie Cordova
- Fundraising Coordinator- Melissa Knezacek
- Website Coordinator- Stephanie Cordova
Committee member contact information can be obtained through the school office. Please contact any of the designated representatives to raise any concerns or ideas that you would like to see brought forward to Council meetings.
Our meetings are held once a month and we usually try for the third Monday of each month. All parents are invited to attend, and there will be a teacher, administrator, and our school Trustee present. We do have a formal agenda, which is posted on our School Council board before each meeting. If you would like to discuss something as a school council, please contact our chair Stephanie Cordova firstname.lastname@example.org .
Meetings will be held in person and virtually by Google Meet (linked in our school calendar); School Council begins at 5:30pm and PFA begins at 4:30pm. The dates for 2020-2021 year are:
|December - no meeting|
|June - no meeting|